Thank you to all who helped with our Lent, Holy Week, and Easter activities. We had many things going on, and great help and participation. Thank you everyone for all that you are doing!
Blaine Davis is our seminary student. He is attending class at Crannmer Theological House in Dallas. As part of his class work he had written a series of 5 papers on what we believe about the Scriptures. We plan to share these papers with the entire congregation We will share one a week as we continue our journey through Lent.
This week's installment is on the topic of illumination. Click the photo to go to Blaine's Corner.
As we discussed at our annual meeting, we are planning some remodeling and updating in our worship space. Plans include painting the ceiling, new carpet, a larger cross on the back wall, better lighting. We have a committee that has been working hard on all of this.
The plan is for the work to begin right after Memorial Day. We plan to do a lot of the work ourselves. We will begin by removing the pews from the worship space. We are going to need a lot help with this!
During the month of June we will plan to worship in the fellowship hall while the remodeling work is being done. We will probably be in the fellowship hall for 3 or 4 Sundays.
This is exciting, thank you to all who are working on this!
· Easter message from Bishop Bradosky.
· Nominations sought for positions to be elected at 2019 Convocation. Bishop, Executive Council and Court of Adjudication will be elected.
· NALC and East European Missions Network help build bridges in Ukraine.
· Lutheran Week 2019 is Aug. 5-9.
· Braaten-Benne Lectures to focus on work of Holy Spirit.
· North American Lutheran Seminary partners with Lutheran colleges to educate future NALC pastors.
· Friends of Madagascar Mission.
· Polarization or Reconciliation? Part 2 - Compromise and Sacrifice - Ministry Matters from Pastor David Wendel.
· NALC Disaster Response update.
· Youth and family ministry update.
Click on the URL to read more https://thenalc.org/wp-content/uploads/News/NALCNews-April-2019.pdf
We meet every Thursday at 10:00 AM and we are currently studying Joshua and Judges. We study new chapters and verses every week, so you are welcome to join any time. Come and study the Word with us!
If you have any questions about our current study or future studies, please con-tact Chris Burris at 303-668-6643 or email@example.com
April 29, 2019, 6:30 pm, at the church
We will begin setting up committees and start the planning process for Oktoberfest 2019. Oktoberfest will be on October 26, 2019, from 3-8 pm.